This Kale and Butternut Squash Turkey Soup Recipe is hearty, healthy and absolutely delicious! With homemade stock, butternut squash, potatoes, kale, turkey, sage and thyme, it’s an easy and healthy dinner that will satisfy all winter long.
Satisfying, hearty and healthy soup with Turkey, potatoes, butternut squash, and kale.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 15-20 sage leaves, about 3 tablespoons chopped
- 7 leaves thyme, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 4 kale stems, stem removed (about 4 cups of kale)
- 11/2 pounds cooked turkey meat cubed (or roaster chicken meat cubed)
Chop butternut squash into 1/2 inch pieces, then roast on a parchment lined cooking sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Meanwhile chop onion, celery, and cook for 6 minutes on medium high heat. Mince garlic, and chop fresh sage and thyme, add to the soup pot and sauté for 1 more minute.
Add turkey stock, salt and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil.
Add 1½ pounds of cubed Yukon potaotes, and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add squash, and cook 5 more minutes over medium heat.
Gently fold in kale and cooked turkey, turn off the heat and let site for 5 minutes. Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
You can also substitute the cooked turkey meat for roaster chicken meat or ground turkey sausage (fully cooked).
|CLICK FOR THE POST|
Looking for more hearty healthy soups?