My gift to you…Parmesan Crusted Chicken! Happy Valentine’s Day!
I know what you want – it’s what we all want! More options for delicious, quick and easy weeknight dinners – right!? This Parmesan Crusted Chicken totally fits the bill.? It’s easy enough to make for a quick weeknight dinner but also elegant enough to serve for company.
I didn’t really think about it but I guess in a sense I’m re-gifting this recipe.? It comes straight from the plains of Oklahoma. When we lived there many years ago our dear friends Todd & Allison would make this for us.?
I remember it vividly…JoJo greeting us at the door doing the pee pee dance and maybe letting a little slip. (We eventually moved the greeting outside – you know, less clean up that way.) Oh, JoJo was their adorable Pomeranian – should have mentioned that as well.? The most delectable smells of garlic and cheesy goodness waffling through the air. Todd putting the finishing touches on the Atomic Salad (now that’s a recipe you want for sure). Allison entertaining us, getting us drinks and offering to help Todd (praying he didn’t take her up on it).? She’s not so much for cooking but she can set a mean table and make you laugh – a lot. Love that girl!?
Then the moment we’d all been waiting for…sitting down to the most mouthwatering meal anyone could ask for.? What can I say we’ve had some great times with good friends and always enjoyed wonderful food. Thanks Todd & Al!?
As you can tell this recipe holds a special place in my heart and in my belly. It’s a really simple recipe but super tasty.? So if cooking isn’t your jam this recipe will be.? It’s so easy – you literally mix, dip and bake. The chicken comes out golden on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
There are not a whole lot of ingredients or steps involved to put this together. You basically mix your breadcrumbs, Parmesan, fresh parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow pie dish (or plate).
Then in another dish mix the melted butter, fresh lemon juice and minced garlic.
Dip both sides of your chicken breasts in the butter dish then in the breadcrumbs.
Bake on 350 for 35-40 minutes…
See, like I said, a simple recipe that’s easy and quick! Now I’ll let you make it and experience the delicious part! Enjoy!
- 5 Chicken breasts boneless, fat and skin removed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a shallow pie dish or a deep plate.
- Mix the butter, lemon juice and garlic together in another shallow pie dish or deep plate.
- Dip both sides of the chicken in the butter mixture - coating it well.
- Quickly, place the chicken on the bread crumb mixture and toss the crumbs up over the edges and top of chicken breast using either your hands or a spoon. Then gently press the chicken so the crumbs on the bottom side stick to the chicken. Now turn the chicken over and again press that side into the crumbs.
- Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish and repeat steps 3 and 4 with the rest of the chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts you may need to use additional pans.
- When all chicken is prepped, bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
If the butter and lemon juice mixture starts to congeal, microwave for 20 seconds.
Be sure to use grated parmesan cheese, shredded cheese won't stick to the chicken as nicely.