This Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad with Garlic Lime Maple Vinaigrette Recipe is spicy, sweet and savory! This salad has got it going on with zesty roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas, baby spinach, red onions, roasted pepitas and a garlicky, lime, maple syrup dressing! Hearty and comforting while still being bright and fresh!
Spicy, sweet and savory!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into ½ inch-thick medallions
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons smoked chili pepper (use less to make less spicy)
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ½ cup pepitas, toasted and salted
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1 ½ limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Toss sweet potatoes and chickpeas in olive oil, smoked chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees on a large parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Arrange the spinach, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas on a plate. Sprinkle on pepitas and red onions. Drizzle on the dressing.
*Add grilled chicken for more protein
*Chipotle chili pepper is spicy. Swap out with chili powder or smoked paprika for the same yummy flavor without the heat.
|Back To Page 1|