This site will collect your email address (your name is optional) if you choose to enter into an existing newsletter subscription. We may process information that you provide to us to subscribe to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent, and your data is collected and recorded by our Email Service Provider Mailchimp using subscription forms provided by OptInMonster.
You may unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or you can email us at [email protected] and ask that you be removed. Please make sure that you are using the same email address that you used to sign up for our newsletter service to do this.
LEAVING A COMMENT ON TASTE AND SEE
When making a comment on tasteandsee.com you are required to leave a Name and Email Address. You may also choose to leave a website address. Your email address will never be shown in the comment section. We only use this information to identify you as the comment maker and do not pass this information on to any third party, add it to our email list, or use it in any other way.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS, THIRD PARTY, AND COOKIE DISCLOSURES
We also use third party advertisements on tasteandsee.com to support Taste And See. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed.
Mediavine is the name of the third-party advertising company that primarily serves ads when you visit Taste And See. This advertising company may use the aggregated information listed above (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (for example showing Kansas City restaurants to someone in Kansas City) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing travel ads to someone who regularly visits travel sites).
Taste And See does not access or use this data directly, as the information is transmitted to Google not this website. Google may issue reports or transmit the information to third parties who then process the information on Google’s behalf. Third party-delivered content may include; advertising networks, audience measurements including google analytics, and social networks including the Facebook Pixel.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with tasteandsee.com as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs.
IF YOU WISH TO BE REMOVED FROM DATA ON TASTE AND SEE
Please contact [email protected] if you would like to remove or delete any of your information from tasteandsee.com, and we will complete the request within one month. This includes comments you have made on our site and removal from our email list.
We value your privacy at Taste And See and have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the GDPR. Therefore we will not distribute your personal information to other parties without your consent, unless we are under legal obligation to do so.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
This is to inform you that we do not intentionally collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age and are therefore in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). Our website, products, and services are directed at people who are at least 13 years old or older.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF RELATED THIRD PARTIES:
Many of Taste And See’s related third parties participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view the certification of individual third parties, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. In addition the Privacy Policies of related third parties are as follows:
Taste And See is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you purchase items from Amazon that were recommended by us, we receive an advertising fee.
From time to time Taste And See is compensated by advertisers for publishing content that may include product reviews, images, recommendations, recipes, or other content involving the advertisers’ product(s). Any such sponsored content is fully disclosed and clearly noted as such in the same post that contains the paid content.
GIVEAWAYS AND CONTESTS:
From time to time Taste And See offers giveaways, contests, or other opportunities for our readers to win prizes (“Sweepstakes”). Unless otherwise explicitly stated, these contests and giveaways are limited to US residents over the age of 18 years. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- By participating in the contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by all Official Rules and the decisions of Taste And See, LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor ,whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor
- Online Entry: Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification
- In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Taste And See, LLC 43 Town & Country Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
MEDIAVINE PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
Taste And See is not liable for any errors or omissions in content or comments which appear on this site. It is a public resource of general information that is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be correct, complete, and up-to-date.
The information contained on this site is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as, professional advice. Results of actions contained within this site are the responsibility of the reader.