Thanks to our friends at Milo’s Tea Company for sponsoring this post!
When it comes to the holidays do you ever feel like you spend more time stressing out about decorating and cooking than you spend enjoying your friends and family?
Today we’re talking about ways to save time and avoid stress during the holidays.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry once said “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
Holiday meals are truly all about a solid plan my friend! And together we’ve got this!
Here is my best “plan” for effortless and stress-free holiday entertaining:
- Tip number one is simply that you should have a plan! Yep – it seems obvious but actually write down your menu on a piece of paper, then work backward to figure out exactly when you’ll need to prep and cook every item.
- Next, start setting the table a few days in advance. Iron your tablecloth, set out your dishes, place your serving dishes on the table and add sticky notes to each one noting what goes in them.
- Also, early on in your planning, make sure you ask your guests if they have any special dietary needs. If you have a group over, I’m betting at least one of them is gluten-free, dairy free, or “something”-free… and you want to know about those menu requirements well in advance so you can prepare accordingly.
- What about Dessert? Plan on serving something that can be made ahead. Bake those pies, bread pudding or cheesecake a day or two before your holiday meal. If it’s a fruit pie or something you want to serve warm, just stick it back in the oven to warm it up right before everyone sits down to eat dinner.
- Use disposables! This is one of my favorite tips because no one gets stuck doing the dishes for hours on end. There are so many pretty disposable napkins, plates and glasses that are really inexpensive. We’ve used disposables the last several years… the cleanup is so much easier and the table-scape is still beautiful and festive! I’m not talking plain white paper plates, but some very affordable clear crystal plastic plates, silverware, pretty paper napkins, and gold trimmed tumblers, coffee cups, or wine glasses.
- Growing up we always had a “kid table” – which we loved. It was our own special space and it let us kids have a bit of fun and allow the adults to do the same! Purchase tablecloths that can be colored in, or fun games the kiddos can play on their own.
- If you’re like me and have a long-standing love of flowers, your tablescape could benefit from a live fall floral centerpiece. I recommend placing a call (a few days or a week ahead) to your local grocery store, florist or even an online flower distributor and order a pavé style arrangement or two. You know, the short ones that allow you to see all your fabulous guests across the table.
- Don’t hesitate to “outsource” some items by purchasing a few key pre-prepared menu items. The freezer section of your grocery store offers all kinds of options like pigs in a blanket, mini egg rolls, or fried shrimp! Or, have a part of the meal catered by your local grocery store with a veggie platter, stuffed mushrooms, or shrimp cocktail. If you have a favorite bakery, pies and desserts are a good option for outsourcing as well.
- And last but not least, there’s no need to brew your own iced tea… serve Milo’s Tea as the beverage of choice for your holiday gatherings with family and friends! Whether your guests like it sweet or not, Milo’s Tea has got you covered.
Milo’s Tea is award winning, and the ideal beverage for the holidays. It’s all natural and preservative free, and has no added acids. Plus, Milo’s Tea is brewed from real tea leaves and has a clean ingredient list.
It’s available sweetened with pure cane sugar, unsweetened, or sweetened with sucralose (a no calorie sweetener).
Milo’s Tea can be found in the refrigerated juice section at your local supermarket. You can use this store locator to find a retailer near you.
I hope these holiday entertaining tips prove to be helpful for you during this festive season. I’m believing you’ll have a wonderful stress-free holiday season and enjoy the rich company of your family and friends!
From our house to yours, Happy Holidays!!!
Yay for easy entertaining and less stress at the holidays! Also love that this is a healthier option for sweet tea - gonna have to check it out!
I agree! Gimme all the easy stress-free help possible. The tea is quick nice. A great option to have on hand for all the holiday parties and dinners.