Baked Nutella S’mores – another easy summer classic to be enjoyed come rain or shine… right in the comfort of your kitchen! No fire pit? No problem!
I love the thought of ooey gooey s’mores around a crackling campfire.? It’s such an easy and effortless dessert, not to mention interactive. It’s kinda like going to Melting Pot to cook your own food. But slightly different and better ‘cause it doesn’t cost $100! Word.✌️
But what if you don’t have a fire pit or even an outdoor area for one? Or what if it’s raining???? What’s a girl to do??
These are serious questions that require much thought and deliberation… not to mention a remedy!
Too much rain is a real thing folks. When we moved to New England in June 2009, it literally rained every day for a month straight.? Not even kidding right now. It was so depressing.? I considered investing in a canoe (you never know when you’re gonna need to paddle to the grocery store). Oy vey!
How’s a person supposed to get their s’more on if it’s monsoon season? I’m so glad you asked!!! Wait for it…survey says…Baked Nutella S’mores.?
All the yummy flavors of rich chocolate, creamy hazelnut, crunchy graham crackers and melted marshmallow… without the ashes, open fire pit and potential to drop a flaming marshmallow on your bare foot.? Real. Talk.
These Baked Nutella S’mores are pretty simple, and the whole family can get involved whipping them up.???? You’ll need to crush 15 graham cracker sheets either in a food processor or with a rolling pin and a large zipper bag. Melt some unsalted butter, add a tad of salt and mix it all together. Press the crumbly mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish and bake on 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
Meanwhile place your chocolate chips in a good sized bowl. Heat up a cup of heavy cream in a saucepan until it starts to simmer, and pour it over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate completely melts.
Then it’s time for the Nutella! Yup – Nutella!? Stir ¾ cup of the nutty spread into the melted chocolate until it all comes together. At this point try to restrain yourself from eating it straight out of the bowl with your finger.? You can do it! Now pour the mixture evenly into the warm graham cracker crust.
Here comes the fun part…cut 15 large marshmallows in half and randomly place cut side down on the chocolate. Now fill in the rest of the space with mini marshmallows. I placed mine individually but you could also just sprinkle then on the top. If you have little people roaming about, this would be an easy and fun way for them to help out.?
Now for some heat: place the baking pan on the middle rack of the oven and broil on high for 30-45 seconds.♨️ The marshmallows should get puffed up and golden.
If you can stand it, you’ll need to allow this work of art to cool in the fridge for an hour or two until the chocolate is set up enough to slice. Or I guess you could always serve it casserole style and just scoop and eat.?
Baked Nutella S’mores are a fun and tasty alternative to brownies.? Plus, they provide all the wonderful aspects of making s’mores…chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows…with much less potential to catch someone’s hair on fire!?
Baked Nutella S’mores Recipe - All the wonderful flavors of s'mores without an open fire! Dark chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows & Nutella.
- Pam cooking spray
- 16 full length sheets of graham crackers
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted melted butter (1 stick + 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon rounded salt
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (semisweet can be used instead)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Nutella spread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 15 regular size marshmallows (not the huge ones)
- 5.5 ounces of mini marshmallows 1/2 of a bag
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Crush the graham crackers in the food processor or in a large resealable bag using a rolling pin. Stir together the melted butter, salt, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish until the crumbs come up around the sides of the pan about one inch. ( Use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press and make it uniform.)
- Bake the crust for 7 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the crust is baking, heat the heavy cream up in a sauce pan on the stove. Place all the chocolate chips in a large bowl. When the heavy cream simmers, pour over the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir the Nutella spread into the melted chocolate until completely combined. Gently pour the mixture into the warm graham cracker crust, and cautiously spread the chocolate evenly.
- Cut 15 regular size marshmallows in half and place randomly all over the chocolate mixture, cut side down. Fill in the rest of the pan with mini marshmallows until the chocolate layer is completely covered.
- Turn the oven on high broil, place the baking pan on the middle rack of the oven, and broil for 30-45 seconds or until marshmallows are puffed up and golden in color.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate layer is no longer soft.
Looking for something a little fruitier? Check out this Summer Blueberry Mascarpone Tart!