We’ve got a slam-dunk with these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs And Blue Cheese Sauce… just in time for the playoffs!
Welcome to March Meatball Madness my friends! Yup, you read that right! MMM! But what does it mean??? Glad you asked. Yours truly will be posting a new tasty meatball recipe, each week, for the entire month of March! It’s like the Dream Team of meatball lineups! What can I say? I’m all about the swish! Brilliant – right?
Don’t you think they even look like mini basketballs???? I just can’t.
They’re just bursting with flavor, and so good for you.
We all love meatballs! And what’s not to love…they’re hearty and filling, super-flavorful, and they go with everything!! Think about it: meatball subs, meatball pizza, meatball sliders, meatball wraps, meatballs and pasta, meatballs and rice… Should I go on? Literally everything.
This week we’re coming out of the gate strong with these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. They are D-luscious! So full of flavor from herbs and veggies like garlic, onions, celery, parsley and green onions. And we’re bringing the heat with a little bit of spicy cayenne and a nice coating of Buffalo Sauce. But the most valuable playa’ in this game is the Blue Cheese sauce!✨ Aww snap! With buttermilk, blue cheese crumbles, plain yogurt, lemon juice and a little mayo it’s a definite game changer.
Try these m-balls in a slider bun, or on a fresh piece of bibb lettuce with some extra chopped celery or blue cheese crumbles. Mmmm!!! She shoots, she scores!!
I hope you love this Buffalo Chicken Meatball recipe as much as I do. What can I say – I’m working hard for you. Now print, save, or Yum the recipe and head to the grocery store – cause teamwork makes the dream work baby!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs! With herbs, veggies, & a little spicy cayenne. Heat is balanced perfectly by the cool, yogurt Blue Cheese Sauce. Healthy & delish!
- 3/4 cup almond meal, or bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery, plus another one-third cup for garnish (about 3 stalks)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4 medium size garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or Tabasco Sauce for a spicier flavor)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons raw or regular white sugar (start with 1 teaspoon, taste and add more if desired)
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 ounce melted in microwave)
- 1/3 cup fat free buttermilk
- Juice of ¼ lemon or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, almond meal, egg, garlic, onion powder, green onions, salt, pepper, and cayenne. With a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1¼-to-1½-inch meatballs, forming about 21 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the meatball reads 165 degrees.
- To make the Buffalo Sauce, add butter and sugar to a large pot over medium heat, and stir in Tabasco sauce. Allow the sauce to incorporate for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the pot, and gently coat them in the sauce. As the sauce cools, it will form a nice coating that sticks to the meatballs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese sauce, if desired
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl.
- Smash some of the blue cheese crumbles with the back of a spoon and stir to incorporate. Add parsley and celery.
Use the time while the meatballs are cooking in the oven to prepare the Blue Cheese Sauce and the Buffalo Sauce.