Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip – your new go-to holiday appetizer ready in less than 15 minutes! This yummy dip is full of creamy cheesy goodness and only requires 5 ingredients – Gorton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi, hot sauce, cream cheese, shredded cheese and green onions. Thanks to our friends at Gorton’s for sponsoring this Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip!
It’s hard to believe we’re headed full-tilt into the Holiday Season. It’s all so fun and festive… the decorations, music, get-togethers with friends and family, and so much delicious food!
We all have our go-to family recipes we use every year, but if you’re like me you’re always looking for new yummy dishes to add to your party menu line-up.
Good news – today I’m unveiling a quick, easy, and amazingly delicious appetizer recipe that will forever be on your holiday party menu. I give you Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip!
Two of everyone’s favorite party eats: shrimp, and buffalo anything. Brilliant, right!??
This dip is so flavorful and creamy, and it’s full of Gorton’s sustainably sourced shrimp! Which leads me to the quick and easy part: we used Gorton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi to make this mouthwatering appetizer… we’re talking large, tail-off shrimp in creamy garlic butter sauce, from freezer to table in only 6-8 minutes.
You literally have mind-blowing appetizers ready in less than 15 minutes. Just consider it my gift to you – Happy Merry Holidays!
We are huge Gorton’s Seafood fans. We like to think of them as seafood experts. After all Gorton’s has been delivering the freshest high-quality fish and shrimp for over 160 years, all the while protecting the world’s resources – now that’s experience you can trust!
Gorton’s truly has something for everyone: from their famous Crunchy Fish Sticks and their healthy smart Grilled Lemon Butter Salmon, to their everyday gourmet Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi – delicious seafood saving you time and making you look like the super hero you are!
And now with just 5 ingredients, your friends and family will experience your superpowers in action this holiday season and beyond with this Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip!
Here’s how to make this scrumptious Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip:
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Now, add Gorton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi into a 10-inch oven-proof saute pan and cook on medium high for 6-8 minutes. The shrimp should be opaque and curled into moon shapes when cooked.
Turn the burner down to low, then use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the sauce. Place on a cutting board and rough chop into ½-inch pieces.
Turn the burner up to medium, add the softened cream cheese, hot sauce, sliced green onions and shredded cheese to the pan, and stir.
When all the ingredients are mixed together, fold in the chopped shrimp. Sprinkle on a little more shredded cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Garnish with more chopped green onions and serve with crostini, tortilla chips, or celery sticks – and cucumber slices for a low carb option.
And there you have it… my Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa gift to you that will most definitely keep on giving – Cheesy Buffalo Shrimp Dip!
Happy eating friends!
- 21 ounces Gorton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi (Two 10.5 ounce packages)
- 4 tablespoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese – plus more for garnish
- 3 green onions finely chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute Gorton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi in a 10-inch oven-proof pan on medium high for 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the sauce. Place on a cutting board and rough chop into ½-inch pieces.
- Turn heat up to medium, then add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce, onions. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped shrimp. Sprinkle on a little more shredded cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with more chopped green onions and serve with crostini, tortilla chips, or celery sticks - or use cucumber slices for a low-carb option.
Serving Size3 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 47mgSodium 686mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 7g
Looking for more great Holiday Appetizer Recipes??