Thanks to our friends at Creamette® Pasta for sponsoring this Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese! With zesty marinated artichokes, earthy spinach and rich Gruyere cheese… this mac and cheese delivers a ton of delicious flavor!
Where are all my pasta lovers!!?
I’ve got a really delicious mac and cheese recipe with a fun twist… wait for it… Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese!
Creamette Pasta is making mac and cheese even more fun than ever with their creative new recipes, full of hearty and delicious twists on the classic.
Case in point: today’s recipe – a Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese Skillet! It’s so fun – right!? It’s like two classic dishes we all love rolled up into one yummy pasta creation. Mmm!
Mac and cheese has got to be the ultimate comfort food – wouldn’t you agree?
And especially this time of year as the weather gets cooler and we get into the holiday season.
Creamette is all about gathering round a table with the people you love, connecting, laughing, sharing and enjoying a hearty and delicious meal together.
Whether it be a fall weeknight meal, Sunday Supper, or Thanksgiving Day, spending time together with family and friends is part tradition, part reinvention and completely Creamette.
How about we talk about today’s yummy recipe… Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese!
First, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds.
Sprinkle in flour. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
Continue to cook the mixture, stirring constantly for 8-10 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Remove it from the heat and stir in the Gruyere and Parmesan cheese until it’s thoroughly melted.
In another skillet, add the oil and place it over medium-high heat. Cook artichokes and spinach for 2-3 minutes or until artichokes are heated through and the spinach is wilted.
Finally, toss the pasta in the pasta water and add it to the pan with the spinach artichoke mixture.
Then add the cheese sauce and fold it all together.
Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes until the sauce clings to the pasta.
Garnish with parsley and serve! Yummy yummy in your tummy!!!
You’re gonna love this fun twist on traditional Mac and Cheese. It’s creamy and cheesy with tons of flavor. And the spinach and artichoke make this pasta dish even more hearty and delicious!
For your convenience you can find Creamette pasta products at Walmart’s Online Pickup and Delivery for all your delicious fall pasta meals. Enjoy my friend!!
- 16 ounces Creamette® Small Elbow Pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups homogenized milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar (12 oz) marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/3
cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook garlic for 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk and continue to whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in Gruyere and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- In another skillet, heat oil set over medium-high heat. Cook artichokes and spinach for 2 to 3 minutes or until artichokes are heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Toss pasta with pasta water, cheese sauce, artichokes and spinach mixture over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce clings to pasta.
- Garnish with parsley.
Tip: Substitute Gruyere cheese with Swiss or aged Cheddar Cheese.
Serving Size10 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 64mgSodium 772mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 16gSugar 3gProtein 27g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!