Easy Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip – the easiest and most delicious appetizer ever! This cheesy dip only requires 3 minutes of pressure cooking in the Instant Pot and you don’t even need to thaw or drain the frozen spinach! Plus, it’s gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Back in the day (before the electric pressure cooker craze) I mastered the oven version of Artichoke Spinach Dip. It was one of my signature appetizers, and regularly requested for get-togethers, parties, and events.
Fast forward 15 years later…
It had been a while since I had made the dip but remembered it when I was trying to come up with an appetizer for a friend’s party where the guests had several food restrictions (fortunately, “dairy-free” wasn’t one of them!)
I modified my original recipe slightly, and it still got rave reviews. Several people requested the recipe and the next time we had a dinner party I was asked to bring the dip again.
Honestly, it was one of those recipes you don’t think of much, because it’s so easy and you’ve made it so many times.
But apparently it’s still as amazing as ever!!
So I thought I should probably share it with you.
I decided to make it even easier by converting it into an Instant Pot appetizer recipe. I mean who doesn’t want an easy appetizer recipe that lets you dump all the ingredients into the pot and cook it for just 3 minutes!!?
It’s crazy great – right!??
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is so delicious!! It makes such a great appetizer for game day, a dinner party, or a special holiday event. AND it couldn’t be any simpler to make.
You’re going to love it my friend!!
How To Make Artichoke Spinach Dip:
You’ll need to prep a few ingredients: rough chop the jarred artichoke hearts, mince the garlic, juice your lemon, cube your cream cheese, and chop the parsley and green onions.
Next, it’s time to assemble.
Start by adding your chicken stock, lemon juice and frozen spinach to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Next, add the cream cheese, onions, jalapenos, parsley and garlic. Adding the ingredients in this order will prevent them from sticking, and you’ll avoid the dreaded Instant Pot burn notice.
Lock the lid in place and pressure cook for 3 minutes. Keep in mind, it will take 13 minutes for the IP to come to pressure. Once the 3 minutes are up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes. Then manually release any remaining pressure.
Stir the mixture together. It will seem like there is too much liquid, but not for long!
Add the Italian shredded cheese (see below for more details on the “Italian Cheese”) and the grated Parmesan cheese, and fold it all together.
It will thicken up nicely, and if it’s too thick you can always add a little more chicken stock to loosen it up.
And that’s it my friend, the easiest and cheesiest appetizer… ready in no time at all.
I like to garnish mine with some chopped parsley and green onions. You can serve it with tortillas chips, crostini or some of your favorite fresh veggies.
It’s going to be your new favorite dip!
What is Italian Cheese Blend?
We like using a store-bought shredded cheese that already combines some of the classic Italian cheeses. So much easier than buying them all separately! For this recipe, I used a Sargento “Italian Cheese” blend, which has 6 cheeses: Part Skim Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Fontina, Romano and Asiago.
If you’re an online grocery shopper, Amazon has this Italian Cheese from Organic Valley, which combines provolone, mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheese.
Can you freeze this spinach dip?
Absolutely! After it’s frozen, I would thaw it overnight in the fridge. Then to re-heat it I would add some additional chicken stock and either microwave it, reheat in an oven-safe pan at 350 for 20-30 min, or saute in Instant Pot (watching it closely).
If you have enough left over, this dip makes a great entree by adding in shredded rotisserie chicken & serving over your favorite cooked pasta.
More Tips About This Spinach Dip Recipe:
- If you prefer you can use 10 ounces of chopped fresh spinach in place of the frozen version.
- You can swap out the Italian cheese for sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese if you’d like.
- I used jarred marinated artichokes for this recipe because they have more flavor, but you can also use canned artichokes in water. Just be sure to drain them.
- I used chicken stock as my liquid in this recipe, but you could also use milk or half and half if you’d prefer.
- I like adding some jarred jalapenos to the dip for a bit of dimension and just a tad of heat. If that’s not for you just leave it out. But if you are like me and enjoy some spicy heat then go ahead and add even more!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip – a creamy cheesy appetizer that couldn’t be any easier to make or any more delicious!!
A creamy cheesy appetizer that couldn’t be any easier to make or any more delicious!!
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons chicken stock (more if mixture is too thick)
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 10 ounces chopped frozen spinach
- 18 ounces drained and rough chopped, jarred marinated artichoke hearts, quarters & halves (I used a 33 ounce jar of marinated quartered artichoke hearts and drained them. It left me with 18 ounces artichokes after it was drained.)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 scallions, white and green, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced jarred jalapenos (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley, more for garnish
- 8 ounces shredded Italian cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, and frozen spinach to the bottom of the inner pot of the IP. Then add the artichokes, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, jalapenos and parsley.
- Set the IP to pressure cook for 3 minutes (it will take around 13 minutes for the IP to come to pressure). After the 3 minutes of cook time, allow the IP to naturally release pressure for 5 minutes then do a manual quick release.
- Turn the IP off, remove the lid, and stir in the Italian and Parmesan Cheese. Sprinkle on some chopped parsley and enjoy.
More of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
If you’re looking for more amazing instant pot recipes, be sure to try my Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Wings, Jalapeno Popper Chicken, or Pork Carnitas! And if you’re in the mood for the whole artichoke, try this easy recipe for Instant Pot Artichokes.