As you know Santa and I are pretty tight. We were snapchatting earlier and he asked me to pass a long a message: he really prefers for us to leave out Thumbprint cookies with his almond milk on Christmas Eve. In fact, he said his top two favorite Thumbprints are White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread and Peppermint Kissed Sugar Cookies. SOOOO… of course that’s what we made for him this year! And PS: if you didn't get the memo - he's lactose intolerant. Annndd… Rudolph is not a big fan of the carrot sticks; he's really more of a Holiday Biscotti guy.
Check out how these Peppermint Kissed Thumbprint Sugar Cookies turned out...
DING DING DING!!!??? These Thumbprints fit the bill!
- 30 Hershey's Candy Cane Mint Candy Kisses
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon milk
- extra sugar for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Remove all of the wrappers from kisses, and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes. After this time press a candy kiss into the middle of each cookie.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Don't try to wrap or package these cookies too soon. The candy kiss gets very warm after being pressed onto the cookie, and will melt if touched too soon.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 14mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 15gSugar 9gProtein 1g