This salsa has been a staple in my life since my bachelorette days. Literally I think I ate it for dinner – as my dinner – with chips every night for two months straight. (Now that I think about it, I lost like 10 pounds during that time frame so I may need to patent that as a new diet program!)
The recipe has slightly evolved over the years but It is always quick, easy and delicious!
For the slightly spicy version you only need one can of Rotel Original, a can of diced tomatoes, some fresh cilantro, green onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper,… and you’ve got yourself some muy bueno salsa!
I like to make mine in the food processor but the blender would work as well. I add my fresh ingredients first with part of the the Rotel. Blend it a bit then add the rest of the Rotel and the tomatoes. It is on fire!? And I don’t mean spicy. It is bueno!✨ You didn’t know you were getting a Spanish lesson today – did you??✌
If you have a low tolerance for spice you might think it’s too calienta AKA hot.♨ If you tend to like your salsa on the mild side just add an extra can of diced tomatoes and you’ll be all set.
What can I say…Super Easy Salsa…yummy, quick and sooo simple! ir a buscar un poco de salsa!!? (Go get some salsa!!) Yay for Spanish 101!!
Salsa Suprema recipe super easy, fresh taste. W/canned diced tomatoes & green chilies (Rotel), fresh cilantro, green onion, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- 10 ounces canned Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup rough-chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Add half of the Rotel, garlic powder, salt, pepper cilantro and green onions into the food processor (or blender). Blend the ingredients until mix well.
- Add the rest of the Rotel and the tomatoes and blend together until everything is mixed well.