Shrimp Toast with a kick, sponsored by our friends at Gorton’s! This Easy Cajun Shrimp Toast Appetizer is a super easy and delicious recipe for your next game day soiree or get-together with friends! Tender shrimp coated in a creamy Parmesan garlic sauce with Cajun spices, served over toasted 5-grain French bread equals homegating perfection!
Shrimp Toast: your new favorite game day app!
Whether you’re into tailgating, homegating, or entertaining, I’ve got the recipe for you… Cajun Shrimp Toast!
It’s easy and cheesy and so perfect for your next game day bash!
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for easy and delicious recipes to serve when I’m having people over. Less time in the kitchen and more time with my people is where it’s at.
This recipe ticks all those boxes and more thanks to Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi! Have you tried it yet?? It’s soo good and soo easy. Literally you bake it in the oven for 25 minutes and boom – mouthwatering shrimp scampi ready to devour!
I also like to use their Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi and their stove top version, Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi, as a base for other semi-homemade recipes… like my Greek Shrimp Pasta and Buffalo Shrimp Dip – sooo good my friends! And then of course in today’s amazingly delicious Cajun Shrimp Toast recipe!
Can you say saucy shrimp appetizer perfection!?? Hello!
Why we love Gorton's...
I really love that I can completely trust Gorton’s when it comes to serving up the best quality seafood. They literally go above and beyond with their quality control process to make sure their seafood exceeds all government seafood inspection standards.
They’ve been delivering their high-quality fish and shrimp for over 160 years! That’s quite the track record – wouldn’t you agree?
When it comes to great quality, easy and delicious seafood - Gorton’s always delivers!
AND so does this Easy Cajun Shrimp Toast! With tender shrimp in a garlic butter sauce, Cajun shrimp boil spices, a little hot sauce and Parmesan cheese, over crispy 5-grain toast crostini… your guests will be licking their fingers and asking for more!
The Cajun shrimp seasoning and hot sauce is what takes this recipe up a notch. It adds a bit of kick to this yummy game day recipe.
How to make this delicious Cajun shrimp toast recipe:
First slice your baguette into ½-inch slices and lay flat on a baking sheet. Brush them with a mixture of minced garlic and olive oil, and bake for 7-8 minutes on 375 degrees, flipping once halfway through the cook time.
Next, bake the shrimp according to the package instructions. When the shrimp is finished baking, remove it from the oven and pour it into a medium size bowl.
Add your seasonings, hot sauce, grated Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme to the shrimp and fold it all together.
Now it's time to assemble your Cajun shrimp crostini! Layer 3 shrimp onto each piece of toast and drizzle on some of that yummy sauce.
Sprinkle them with some fresh cracked pepper and serve with lemon wedges!
There you have it... Easy Cajun Shrimp Toast – your new go-to easy entertaining game day recipe! All the goodness of Cajun shrimp pasta in little bite-sized appetizers!
Did you know about these healthy shrimp benefits?
- Shrimp is a great source of protein – literally 90% of calories in shrimp come from protein.
- They are also really low in calories – only 84 calories in a 3-ounce serving.
- They are full of 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- Shrimp are a good source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
... making these appetizers a little more healthy than you realized!!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 baguette of 5-grain French bread
- 16.4 ounces Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi, (two packages)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper - more if desired, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (about 15 single sprigs)
- fresh cracked pepper and lemon wedges for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 375F. Combine olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl Slice baguette into ½-inch slices and lay flat on a baking sheet, then brush them with the garlic olive oil on both sides. Bake for a total of 7-8 minutes on 375 degrees, flipping once halfway through the cook time.
- Bake the shrimp according to the package instructions. When the shrimp is finished baking, remove it from the oven and transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne if desired. Add grated Parmesan cheese, hot sauce, and fresh thyme to the shrimp and fold it all together.
- Layer 3 shrimp onto each piece of toast and drizzle with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size1 toast w shrimp
Amount Per Serving Calories 137Total Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 78mgSodium 408mgCarbohydrates 15gProtein 9g
Looking for more amazing shrimp recipes?
- Greek Shrimp Pasta
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chorizo Shrimp
- Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp
- Garlic Pepper Shrimp Stir Fry