Spicy Green Hummus: This easy healthy homemade hummus adds a little kick to the classic! With chickpeas, tahini, jalapeno, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and parsley.
Spicy Green Hummus: Easy & healthy recipe adds a little kick to the classic! With chick peas, tahini, jalapeno, lemon, olive oil, garlic, & herbs.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup rough-chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup rough-chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and stem removed, chopped
- 3 green onions chopped, more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of chopped fresh herbs or green onions
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to food processor and process for about 1 minute. Use a plastic spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add olive oil, parsley, cilantro, jalapenos, onion, garlic and salt. Process for about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chickpeas and process until the hummus has a thick and smooth texture... normally 1 or 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl a few times while processing.
- If hummus is too thick, run the food processor while slowly adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus into a small serving bowl. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil on top and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs and green onions..
- Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
Looking for another summertime appetizer? This Creamy Cheesy Corn Dip is sunshine in a bowl!