Spicy Green Hummus: This easy light homemade hummus adds a little kick to the classic! With chickpeas, tahini, jalapeno, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and parsley.
Spicy Green Hummus Recipe
Spicy Green Hummus: Easy & healthy recipe adds a little kick to the classic! With chick peas, tahini, jalapeno, lemon, olive oil, garlic, & herbs.
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, (1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup rough-chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup rough-chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and stem removed, chopped
- 3 green onions chopped, more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons water, (optional)
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of chopped fresh herbs or green onions
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to food processor and process for about 1 minute. Use a plastic spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add olive oil, parsley, cilantro, jalapenos, onion, garlic and salt. Process for about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chickpeas and process until the hummus has a thick and smooth texture... normally 1 or 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl a few times while processing.
- If hummus is too thick, run the food processor while slowly adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus into a small serving bowl. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil on top and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs and green onions..
- Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
Serving Size4-5 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 5g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
I would love to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Looking for another summertime appetizer? This Creamy Cheesy Corn Dip is sunshine in a bowl!
Love this, so good. Have made it several times, always a big hit.
Thank you for the recipe
Yayyy! Thank you! I love this recipe so much, Susan! I'm so glad you enjoy it as much as I do!
Would love to prepare this😍
Thanks Nuzha! It's super yummy!
I don't normally like spicy but I like this!