I’m serving up a flavorful, crunchy, and delicious Asian Slaw With Grilled Chicken that makes a perfect lunch or dinner. With coleslaw mix, snap peas, red peppers, cucumber, jalapeno and green onions, tossed in a savory and slightly sweet ginger garlic dressing.
Summer is winding down and all the kiddos are going back to school. These are exciting times especially since we just went through almost 2 years of craziness.
Even so, I think most of us are still grilling as much as we can.
And that’s what I’m talking about today. An Asian Grilled Chicken and Veggie Salad. I love the crisp bright colors (and flavors!) of Asian-inspired recipes so much… be sure to check out this gluten free Asian Cucumber Salad, my Asian Sloppy Joes, and these sweet and tangy Asian Meatballs!
Ahem. Back to today’s recipe: We’re grilling up some Asian chicken thighs and enjoying them over a yummy Asian slaw..
It’s so flavorful and the chicken is so tender and delicious.
The key to the flavorful and moist chicken is the marinade. You can marinade your chicken thighs from 2-24 hours before grilling.
Next, get your salad ingredients together.
What is Asian Slaw?
Slaw is a kind of salad made from raw chopped or shredded cabbage. “Slaw” is shorthand for coleslaw, which is a key part of this Asian slaw salad.
I used snap peas, an English cucumber, a red pepper and a jalapeño that I julienned. Plus some rough chopped cilantro and scallions along with some shredded coleslaw mix. Then I tossed it all together and set it aside.
Next I went to work on the Ginger Garlic dressing and mixed it all together…
Grated fresh ginger or you can use prepared ginger in the tube – it’s so much easier. Minced garlic, Chinese chile-garlic sauce, honey, Asian sesame oil, fresh limes juiced and some salt. I just mixed it well until it was combined.
Then just grill up those chicken thighs, let them rest for 5 minutes, then cut them into skinny strips.
Asian Slaw with Grilled Chicken
Add your Ginger Garlic dressing to the salad and give it a toss and serve with the sliced grilled chicken thighs.
I love this Asian salad. It’s easy, incredibly flavorful, and all the textures give it an amazing crunch. The grilled chicken is so tender delicious, and it’s so healthy too!
I’m excited for you to switch up your salad game and give this yummy Asian Slaw with Grilled Chicken a try!
For The Asian Slaw
- 10 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- ½ cup snap peas
- ½ English cucumber, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stems and membranes removed and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup rough chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions, cut into thin 1-inch julienne strips
For The Ginger Garlic Marinade
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ginger Garlic Dressing Ingredients
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium Tamari, (Gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, (optional)
For The Chicken Marinade:
In a large bowl combine the ginger garlic marinade ingredients. And the chicken thighs and toss together. Cover and marinade for 2-24 hours.
For The Salad Dressing:
Mix all of the Ginger Garlic dressing ingredients together, combine well and set aside.
For the Salad:
Add all of the prepared salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss.
For the Chicken:
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Spray your chicken thighs with grill spray and grill for 5-6 minutes a side or until a digital meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Let the thighs rest for 5 minutes then slice.
- Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing and serve with the sliced chicken.
Serving Size8-10 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 141mgSodium 651mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 30g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!