Blueberry Lemon No Bake Cheesecake Jars – an easy and delicious make-ahead summer dessert! Plus, they’re perfectly portable for your next BBQ, picnic or trip to the beach!
These yummy treats are lightened up with a graham cracker almond crust, a sweet cream cheese lemony Greek yogurt layer, and a delightful homemade blueberry sauce. And an easy no bake cheesecake is just the ticket for summertime desserts… you will love this recipe!
Don’t you just LOVE fresh blueberries? And don’t you love getting the two-for-one special on them during blueberry season!?? Yep – crushed that the last two weeks! It’s almost impossible to pass up such a fabulous deal.
That’s one of several reasons I like to cook/bake seasonally. Not only are fruits and veggies at their perfect ripeness they’re also less expensive. #winwin
So, it should come as no surprise that I’m whipping up a delicious blueberry dessert recipe to share with you today. I give you this Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake in a jar! Aren’t they adorable!! (BIG swoon)
You can make them ahead and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. And of course, the mason jar is perfect for those times when you need a dessert for your neighbor’s cookout… just grab and go. Plus, one of the best benefits of these mason jar desserts is that there’s no baking required! Hello! I’m just not sure it gets any better than this! #summergoals
I mentioned it being blueberry season. Well to be honest now-a-days blueberries are never really “out of season”. Allow me to explain…
When are blueberries in season?
In North America blueberry season runs from April – September, but you can still enjoy blueberries all year round: imports from South America are available in the winter and spring. So we never have to go without these tasty sweet treats.
Blueberries thrive in hot days with clear blue skies and cool nights. 38 states in the US grow blueberries commercially, but just ten states account for almost all commercial production: California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon and Washington.
Most of these states offer U pick blueberries as well. So rather than just grabbing some at the grocery store, you can pack a lunch and head out for a fun summer activity with the kiddos or your girlfriends.
And that’s exactly what my family would do. Growing up in Michigan we would head out to the blueberry farm for some blueberry picking every summer. It was probably my favorite berry that we would pick ourselves. Since they grow on large bushes it was easy to just walk a few feet and fill up your belly – I mean bucket – ok you got me – I mean both. LOL
To find your own U pick berries just do a Google search of “Blueberry picking near me” that should get you started.
The Nutritional value of blueberries:
And not only are they a sweet and juicy “bluetiful” fruit, blueberries are actually quite good for you…
- Blueberries have more antioxidants than any other berry, and they are considered a low-calorie snack… there are just 160 calories in a pint.
- One serving of blueberries provides 25% of your daily vitamin C.
- You probably already guessed this but there’s virtually no fat in a raw one-cup serving of blueberries – just 0.5 grams !
- Blueberries are a great source of dietary fiber. If you’re wondering How much fiber in blueberries, there’s 3.6 grams in a one-cup serving.
- And as far as carbs in blueberries… well, surprisingly enough fresh blueberries are relatively low in carbohydrates as fruit goes. Only 21 grams in 1 raw cup.
Now I’m sure you can see why they’re basically the best berry ever! Annnd they make the best blueberry topping for cheesecake!!
Shall we talk about how to create these mouth-wateringly delicious Blueberry Lemon No Bake Cheesecake Jars!??
The Perfect Lemon Blueberry Filling:
You start with 2 pints of blueberries. Essentially, you’re making a blueberry pie filling. Add blueberries, lemon juice, & pure maple syrup (or honey) to a sauce pan over low-medium heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, gently stirring the berries now and then. When the berries begin to form a sauce, add in some cornstarch mixed with a little water. Cook them for a few more minutes until it’s thickened up, but you should still have some whole berries visible.
Pour the berries into a heatproof container and allow to cool on the counter or in the fridge while you make the lemon cheesecake filling.
The Secret To An Amazing No Bake Cheesecake!
You’re going to love this: just add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 5 ounces of plain Greek yogurt, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest (if desired) to a mixing bowl and mix together using a whisk – or even better an electric hand mixer (I mixed mine for 2 minutes on high). Now set this in the fridge while you create the crust.
The best almond-graham cracker crust ever:
Add almonds to a food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed very fine, but don’t let them start turning into almond butter!
Pour them into a mixing bowl, add your graham crackers to the food processor and blend until they are crushed fine.
Mix the graham crackers into the crushed nuts, drizzle on melted butter and a pinch of salt, and stir until it’s completely mixed together.
Now it’s time to assemble. Add 1/3 cup of the crust to six 8-ounce mason jars and gently pack with your fingertips. Now carefully divide the cheesecake layer evenly among the jars. Finally, top off each jar with the blueberry sauce, place the lids on top, and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
The crunchy buttery crust with the creamy lemon no bake cheesecake topped off with THE most delicious blueberry pie filling – doesn’t it look and sound amazing???
I’m sure these are going to be your family’s new favorite summertime sweet treat!
For The Lemon Blueberry Filling:
- 20 ounces fresh blueberries, (4 dry cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup/honey, (or sugar)
- zest from half a lemon, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For The No Bake Cheese Cake Layer:
- 8 ounces Softened cream cheese
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, (add more if desired; sweeten to taste)
- zest from half a lemon , (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For The Graham Cracker Almond Crust:
- 5 ounces lightly salted almonds
- 5 ounces graham crackers (1 full sleeve or 9 full-sized crackers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
For The Lemon Blueberry Filling:
- Add blueberries, pure maple syrup (or honey), lemon zest (optional), lemon juice, & salt (optional) to a sauce pan over low-medium heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, gently stirring the berries occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. As the berries begin to form a sauce, add the cornstarch mixture and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened up. You should still have some whole berries visible.
- Pour the berries into a heatproof container and allow to cool on the counter or in the fridge while you make the lemon cheesecake filling.
For The No Bake Cheese Cake:
- Add softened cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, maple syrup, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice to a large bowl, then mix together using electric hand mixer (I mixed mine for 2 minutes on high). Set this in the fridge while you create the crust.
For The Graham Cracker Almond Crust:
- Add the almonds to a food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed very fine, but don’t let them start turning into almond butter! Pour nuts into a mixing bowl.
- Add graham crackers to the food processor and blend until they are finely crushed.
- Mix the graham crackers into the crushed nuts, add salt (optional), drizzle on melted butter, and stir until it’s completely mixed together.
- Distribute crust mixture evenly into six 8-ounce mason jars, about 1/3 cup per jar. Pack down gently with your fingertips.
- Carefully divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the jars - about 1/3 cup per jar. Gently shake each jar to help this layer settle evenly.
- Finally, top off each jar with the blueberry sauce, place the lids on top, and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before serving.
If you'd rather not use almonds in the crust, you can add more graham crackers instead. Just replace the 5 ounces of almonds with a second 5-ounce sleeve of graham crackers. You may want to add another pinch of salt as well.
Serving Size1 jar
Amount Per Serving Calories 506Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 42mgSodium 392mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 5gSugar 32gProtein 12g