Dinner just got a little easier with this Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles Recipe – a quick and easy meal the whole family will love.❤️
A quick and easy meal the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb spicy Italian chicken sausage
- 1 lb sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 3 Peppers (red, orange and yellow), chopped into 1-inch x 2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, rough chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 5 small zucchinis, zoodled (or 4 medium-sized zucchinis)
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I used Ragu Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic for this recipe.)
- 10 leaves fresh basil cut into long thin strips (reserve some for garnish)
- 4 ounces of each of these cheeses, shredded: Mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage in olive oil for 10-12 minutes over medium-high heat (turning over once) and set aside.
Cook peppers and onions in the same pan for 8 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 4 more minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, zoodle your zucchini. Then cut the strands into ~8 inch pieces (this does not have to be precise, but cutting the zoodles now will make it easier to serve).
Stir the Ragu Homestyle Sauce into the pan with the peppers and onions. Slice the sausage into 1/2-inch pieces and add to the pan as well.
- Fold zucchini noodles and basil into the mixture and allow to cook for 4 minutes on medium-low. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish, and top with cheese.
Bake on 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with reserved fresh basil and serve.
To shorten your prep time even more... Purchase frozen, bagged, cut up peppers and onions. They are still healthy and help to get this all-in-one meal on the table even quicker
|CLICK FOR THE POST|