This Hearty Homemade Marinara Sauce is perfect for all your favorite Italian dishes! Whether it’s served over pasta & meatballs, layered in your favorite lasagna stuffed peppers, alongside some yummy fried calamari, or paired with baked chicken strips or Parmesan Crusted Chicken, this quick homemade marinara will deliver every time!
- 1 small onion, grated or pureed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 44 ounces canned crushed tomatoes (two 22-ounce cans)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 ounce canned tomato paste
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place a saucepot on the stove over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the grated onion, sprinkle with half the salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Next, mix in the tomato paste and allow the mixture to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, parsley, and rest of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down slightly so the marinara isn’t shooting out of the pot and allow it to cook for 20 minutes.
For a smoother texture use an upright mixer or food processor and puree the mixture.
|CLICK FOR THE POST|