Thanks to our friends at Gorton’s for sponsoring this Southwestern Cobb Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing… a delicious spin on the classic cobb salad! Filled with tasty and good-for-you ingredients… like sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, green onions, cilantro, queso fresco, hard-boiled eggs, and center cut bacon. Topped off with Parmesan crusted cod fillets and the tastiest creamy chipotle dressing!
Don’t you just love a hearty and filling salad? And how healthy is a cobb salad, right? One with lots of veggies, protein and a southwestern theme!???
I give you the Southwestern Cobb Salad! She is just all kinds of gorgeous, isn’t she!?
And she’s not just a pretty face, she’s got a great personality too! LOL
No, but for real. It all starts with a bed of romaine lettuce. Then add some sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, green onions, cilantro, queso-fresco, hard-boiled eggs, and bacon. Then top it all off with the most delicious chipotle ranch dressing and Gorton’s wild-caught Parmesan Crusted Cod!! OMGEEEEE! So, so good, my friend!
It’s such a tasty south of the border spin on the classic cobb salad. And the cod makes it perfect for those who are winding down Lent, or for those of us that just want to eat something healthy with a good dose of Omega-3 fatty acids.
And that second one would be me. I’m always looking for ways to eat healthy but not sacrifice on flavor. And this yummy Southwestern Cobb Salad is just the ticket!
It’s perfectly Stealthy Healthy! By now you know I love that saying. I’m just all proud of myself for coining it. (Can’t you tell.:D) It’s just brilliant, if I do say so myself. Making recipes healthy with good-for-you ingredients but also finding ways to make them so delicious you never feel like you’re missing out. Ahhh, the best of both worlds. Love it.
And speaking of good-for-you ingredients, Gorton’s Seafood is just that. They are dedicated to bringing you the freshest high-quality seafood, all the while minimizing their environmental impact and protecting the world’s resources. Now that’s quality you can trust!
You might be wondering “Is Cod fish good for you?”
Allow me to share:
- It’s an excellent low-calorie source of protein (14 grams in each of these Gorton’s fillets)
- It’s also an excellent source of vitamin B12, selenium and and phosphorus.
- And it’s also a very good source of choline as well as a good source of niacin, potassium, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid and omega-3 fatty acids.
Plus, it has such a mild flavor which makes it very versatile to swap out for other meat proteins. Like in our recipe today! Most cobb salads I’ve seen on restaurant menus are either served with turkey, chicken, or ham. We decided to take ours to a whole ‘notha level with Parmesan Crusted Cod. I mean did you read all those health benefits!?? Hello.
This recipe isn’t complicated at all. It just requires some time to cut up your veggies and mix up your Creamy Chipotle dressing.
The Southwestern Cobb Salad – step by step:
The fish only takes 20-ish minutes to cook so you might want to start prepping your ingredients before you toss it in the oven.
As I mentioned, our version includes sliced sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, green onions, cilantro, queso-fresco, hard boiled eggs, and bacon but there are so many other delicious ingredients you could add or swap out.s
Try these other Ingredients For A Cobb Salad:
- Corn kernels
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Almonds or other nuts you enjoy
- Red onion or shallots
- Spinach, Boston Bibb, or other lettuces
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Pinto beans or other beans you like
There are just so many options my friend!
Whatever combination of ingredients you choose to go with, one thing’s for sure… this hearty and delicious Southwestern Cobb Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing will fill up your family’s bellies and delight their taste buds!
For The Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, (I used 2%)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For The Salad:
- 2 Gorton’s Seafood Parmesan Crusted Cod Fillets
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 slices center cut thick bacon, cooked and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
For The Dressing:
- To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
For The Salad:
- Prep all of your salad ingredients.
- Bake the fish at 425 degrees for 20-23 minutes. The internal temperature of the fish should reach 145 degrees or higher before serving.
- Place the lettuce onto plates... then add all ingredients including cod fillets. Drizzle with the creamy chipotle dressing and serve.
Serving Size10 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 501Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 182mgSodium 1012mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 20g