This Sweet and Spicy Cabbage is my new favorite veggie recipe!
I developed it while I was putting together my St. Patrick’s Day menu. I wanted to serve something other than your traditional boiled cabbage – I’m not big on mushy veggies – so I went to work. I actually prefer my cabbage with some texture and a little crunch. Which is exactly the way I prepared this recipe.
First I cut the head of cabbage into 8 wedges and seasoned them with salt and pepper…
…then added some olive oil to a sauté pan and cooked both sides of each wedge for 1 minute…
… then roasted them in the oven for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
Purrrfection I tell you! MEOOOW.
Sweet, salty, a little crispy with a drizzle of the spicy sauce leftover from my Honey Harissa Rainbow Carrots.? Sooo delicious – I’m not sure I’ll be able to eat cabbage any other way from now on!
This Sweet And Spicy Roasted Cabbage is the perfect side for corned beef dinner! Sweet, salty, a little crispy with a drizzle of spicy honey harissa sauce.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy Harissa sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse and dry the cabbage. Discard any outer leaves that look damaged or old.
- Cut the cabbage into 8 even wedges.
Heat a sauce pan on the stove with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season cabbage with salt and pepper, then sauté both sides of each wedge for 1 minute. Cook the wedges in batches until all are golden on both sides.
- Place the cabbage on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes or preferred doneness.
- Drizzle with sweet and spicy harissa sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle over cabbage before serving.