This Sweet and Spicy Cabbage is my new favorite veggie recipe!
I developed it while I was putting together my St. Patrick's Day menu. I wanted to serve something other than your traditional boiled cabbage - I'm not big on mushy veggies - so I went to work. I actually prefer my cabbage with some texture and a little crunch. Which is exactly the way I prepared this recipe.
First I cut the head of cabbage into 8 wedges and seasoned them with salt and pepper...
...then added some olive oil to a sauté pan and cooked both sides of each wedge for 1 minute...
... then roasted them in the oven for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
Purrrfection I tell you! MEOOOW.
Sweet, salty, a little crispy with a drizzle of the spicy sauce leftover from my Honey Harissa Rainbow Carrots.? Sooo delicious - I’m not sure I’ll be able to eat cabbage any other way from now on!
I would love to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Sweet And Spicy Roasted Cabbage
This Sweet And Spicy Roasted Cabbage is the perfect side for corned beef dinner! Sweet, salty, a little crispy with a drizzle of spicy honey harissa sauce.
For The Cabbage:
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For The Sweet And Spicy Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons spicy Harissa sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
For The Cabbage:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and dry the cabbage. Discard any outer leaves that look damaged or old.
- Cut the cabbage into 8 even wedges.
- Heat a sauce pan on the stove with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season cabbage with salt and pepper, then sauté both sides of each wedge for 1 minute. Cook the wedges in batches until all are golden on both sides.
- Place the cabbage on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes or preferred doneness.
- Drizzle with sweet and spicy harissa sauce.
For The Sweet & Spicy Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle over cabbage before serving.
Serving Size6 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 103Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 361mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 1g
Leave a Reply