What’s up doc? These sweet and spicy Honey Harissa Rainbow Carrots with yogurt sauce are so amazing.
They seriously take rabbit food to whole ‘nother level!
Since carrots are naturally sweet, adding a little heat really enhances their inherent flavors. I mixed up a little spicy harissa, some honey, olive oil, garlic, salt and cider vinegar. Coated my carrots in the sauce and baked them at 375 for 35 minutes.
They are still a little firm which I like, cause mushy veggies are really just baby food. And I’ve got teeth and I’m not afraid to use them!
When I’m serving spicy dishes I like at add a little something to balance them out. The yogurt sauce has a really nice cooling effect that brings out the carrots earthiness.❄ Mmmmm – delish!
These Honey Harissa Rainbow Carrots are a delightful veggie easy enough to make any night of the week. And a wonderful addition to your veggie side dish line-up! And if you want something besides carrots, try this amazing low carb roasted cauliflower or this super-easy low carb cauliflower mash!
For The Roasted Carrots:
- 2 bunches of rainbow carrots, (or orange carrots if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Harissa Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
For The Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Wash and dry carrots. Cut off the long stems, leaving about 3 inches of the stem intact.
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the carrots.
- Coat all of the carrots with the sauce.
- Roast the carrots for 35 minutes or until you reach your desired firmness.
For The Yogurt Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serving Size5 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 766mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 5g
More great recipes with harissa:
Harissa and veggies can make an amazing flavor combo, like these Honey Harissa Rainbow Carrots or this Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cabbage. You can also pair harissa with seafood like this Cedar Plank Harissa Smoked Salmon! Or if you want to keep things simple, then go with the original: Lemon Harissa Chicken!