This just in from the North Pole: Santa wanted me to tell you he really prefers White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Thumbprint cookies on Christmas Eve.
In fact, he said his top two favorite Thumbprints are these White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies and Peppermint Kissed Sugar Cookies. SOOOO… of course that’s what we made for him this year!
Take a look at how they turned out…
How cute are they? All festive with their stripy holiday hats. These are a fun take on a favorite holiday cookie. The gingerbread is spicy sweet and pairs perfectly with the creamy chocolatey center.
I'm a big fan of ginger so I got all excited when I saw the recipe called for 2 teaspoons of this refreshing spice. I think they turned out just right - balanced with the ideal amount of spice.
After you mix the dough together is seems a bit sticky - that probably has something to do with the ½ cup of molasses in the batter. Before you can work with it, you'll need to form the dough into a 4 inch disc and let it chill for 4 hours. Then pull it out and shape 1 inch balls, next roll them in granulated sugar until they're completed coated. Now they're ready for the hot box.
I would have to agree with Santa…these White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Thumbprints really are the perfect Christmas cookie!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened, (1 ½ sticks)
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 40 white and milk chocolate swirled candy kisses
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll them in granulated sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 3-4 minutes. Then press a candy kiss into center of each cookie.
- Place cookies onto wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 14mgSodium 80mgCarbohydrates 18gSugar 11gProtein 1g