This Polenta Bolognese Recipe is the perfect low maintenance meal the whole family will love! The hearty meat sauce is layered over creamy Parmesan polenta and topped off with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.
Parmesan Polenta Bolognese Recipe: Hearty meat sauce layered over creamy Parmesan polenta and topped off with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan + more for garnish
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or regular milk if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Parmesan Polenta - see recipe here
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
Sautee onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in a skillet with olive oil for 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir the veggies a few times.
Add ground beef, and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Crumble the meat with a heatproof spatula and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
Add tomato paste, wine, and crushed tomatoes then simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
Add milk and let the sauce come to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently. Add nutmeg, then continue cooking at a gentle simmer for another 15 minutes, uncovered.
Stir in 4 tablespoons Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over Polenta Parmesan, and garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
Easy Parmesan Polenta Bolognese Recipe!Click To Tweet
|Back To Page 1|
Looking for more delicious Italian dinners?