This Sun-Dried Tomato Chorizo Garlic Shrimp Recipe is bursting with flavor and so much goodness! The perfect focal point for a night of appetizers, or a flavorful easy meal when served over Parmesan Polenta or angel hair pasta.
Sun-Dried Tomato Chorizo Garlic Shrimp Recipe - bursting w/flavor & goodness! Garlic, sherry, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, butter, olive oil, fresh shrimp.
- 1.5 pounds large fresh wild shrimp, shells removed and de-veined (leave tails on for easier eating!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces dried semi-cured/uncured Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or hot Hungarian paprika if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Serve with French or sourdough bread
- Slice chorizo and sauté over medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add chopped onions, and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes then add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, and continue to cook for one more minute.
- Add half of the dry sherry and white wine, all the paprika, and another 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Allow the liquid to come up to a simmer, then add half the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side (the shrimp should be opaque/pink and curled).
- Remove the shrimp and set aside. Add the rest of the dry sherry and white wine, return the liquid to a simmer, and repeat the steps to cook the remaining shrimp.
- Return the cooked chorizo and all the cooked shrimp to the pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter, and fold together. Let it cook for one more minute, serve warm with French or sourdough bread and garnish with chopped cilantro.
The sherry can be replaced with white wine if desired.... If you go this route I recommend adding 1/2 teaspoon sugar to help balance the flavors.
Looking for another delicious shrimp recipe? Check out these Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa!