Thanks to our friends at Gorton’s for sponsoring these Fish Sticks and Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Ranch Sauce! A delicious semi-homemade meal you can feel good about feeding your family.
By now most of you have survived the back-to-school frenzy and you’re starting to figure out your new normal. Which just means you’re busier than ever, and looking to hit the “easy” button any time you can.
Well, we’re all about helping a mom out so we’ve created another yummy family friendly meal: Fish Sticks and Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Ranch Sauce. Yep – It’s all kinds of yummy.
This semi-homemade meal is sure to make dinner time a breeze. An easy, delicious and nutritious meal your whole crew will love.
We’re using Gorton’s crunchy breaded fish sticks for our meal plan today.
As you may know Gorton’s and their people work every day to help families across the country enjoy the goodness of high quality seafood. Case in point, these perfectly crispy, exceptionally dippable, and always delicious fish sticks.
They’re made from 100% wild-caught Alaskan Pollock, they contain no fillers or MSG, and they’re ready in 15 minutes.
Plus, we’re roasting up some BBQ flavored sweet potato fries that will have the whole family asking for more. And because we all know that everything’s better with a little ranch, we’ve created a homemade avocado ranch sauce for your dipping pleasure. Mmm, creamy, cheesy and sooo good. It’s like guacamole and ranch had a food baby. It’s crazy great people but don’t take my word for it you gotta taste it to believe it!
As they say, let’s get this show on the road…
First off, you’ll want two large sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced and cut into fries like so…
Next, you’ll put them in a resealable plastic bag, add some cornstarch, and give them a good toss until they’re evenly coated. Add some olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar and salt, and give them another good toss.
Now place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees for about 25-30 minutes – flipping once after the first 15 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are cooling off, place your fish sticks on another parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes – flipping them once after the first 8 minutes.
Now it’s time to mix up that homemade avocado ranch sauce. It’s super easy and tastes better than store-bought says the #1 taste tester – the B man.
You’ll need some Greek yogurt (or sour cream), buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and a ripe avocado.
Mix all these ingredients together and you have an award-winning dipping sauce you’ll want to eat by the bowlful – wait – I mean spoonful. Or you can use a funnel or IV drip – whatever works for you.
But please feel free to double dip in the name of “taste testing” ‘cause adulting is hard, and you deserve some extra saucy goodness today.
There you have it – another score for mom in the dinner department. Now go prop your feet up, enjoy a glass of seltzer on the rocks, and feel good about a job well done!
For The Sweet Potato Fries:
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into ½ inch wide French fries.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For The Avocado Ranch Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Put the uncooked sweet potato fries in a resealable plastic bag and add cornstarch. Toss thoroughly until evenly coated, then add olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar and salt, and toss them again.
- Place fries on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees. Flip once after 15 minutes, then cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until they reach your desired crispness. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Arrange fish sticks on a fresh parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between sticks. Bake uncovered for 12-14 minutes until they are golden & crunchy (flip them after 8 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix all Avocado Ranch Sauce ingredients together. If desired, use an immersion blender for a creamier texture.
- To serve, plate up fish and sweet potato fries along with Avocado Ranch Sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size6 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 3mgSodium 996mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 8gSugar 9gProtein 8g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
Looking for more easy, delicious seafood recipes?