I have another easy and delicious Instant Pot recipe for all my IP lovers: all the great flavors of a Philly Cheesesteak, plus pasta! It’s a hearty & comforting, savory & cheesy meal.
I’m taking an American classic, mixing it up with some pasta, and it’s all going down in the Instant Pot – in less than 30 minutes. If you’re ready for a unique and creamy pasta dish - look no future!
We’re calling it Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta! Yummo – right!?
With lean ground beef, onions, peppers, Italian seasoning, beef stock, elbow pasta, and Provolone cheese. What's not to love my friend?
It’s hearty and filling with some savory beef flavor and gooey cheese. I’m pretty sure this is gonna be a new family favorite!
What is a “Philly Cheese Steak?”
The Philly cheesesteak originated as a sandwich made with thinly sliced steak and Provolone cheese served with onions on a hoagie roll. That combination is the original classic that became popular on the East Coast in Philadelphia, PA.
Over the years modifications to this popular sandwich have included bell peppers and mushrooms, or peppers and onions.
What cheese to use for a Philly Cheesesteak?
The melted cheese is a key ingredient for the classic cheesesteak. White American and Provolone cheeses are the favorites because of their mild flavor and medium consistency. Believe it or not, a third contender is Cheese Whiz (aka Cheez Whiz)! Beyond these three cheeses, Philadelphians all agree that no other cheese should be on a cheese steak!
All I can say is however you slice it – gimme soma dat!!
Seriously, my friend, this is some good eats. A simple and mouthwatering Instant Pot ground beef recipe.
And this Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe is pot-to-table in less than 30 minutes.
Now that’s something to get excited about!
Here's what you will need to make this pasta...
- olive oil
- lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- large yellow onion
- small green bell peppers
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef stock
- macaroni pasta
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- fresh parsley for garnish
Here’s how this yumminess comes together…
How to make Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta:
Set the instant pot to saute on "more'' mode or the higher sauté setting and add the olive oil.
Add the ground beef and season with a teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat while it cooks.
Stir in the onions and peppers and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
Pour in 1 cup of the beef broth and stir. Scrape the bottom of the pot to release the cooked pieces of beef that have stuck to the bottom. (This will prevent the burn notice while pressure cooking.)
Add the rest of the broth and the macaroni into the sauce. Submerge the macaroni completely in the broth.
Lock the lid, seal the valve, and set the pressure cooking time to 3 minutes (it will take about 9-10 minutes for the IP to come to pressure). Once the 3 minutes are up, manually release the pressure.
Add the chopped provolone cheese.
Mix in the cheese until it's melted and combined.
Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy this deliciousness!
I have to say this Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Recipe has become a new favorite in our house. It’s rich and creamy and loaded with hearty cheese and steak flavors.
I can't wait for you to try it and tell me about all the compliments your family showered on you for making it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 93% lean)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 small green bell peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning (I used McCormick "Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning")
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups beef stock
- 8 ounces macaroni pasta (I used large elbows)
- 10 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices, chopped (more cheese if you’d like)
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish if desired.
- I used a 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe. Set the Instant Pot to saute “more” for high and add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and season with the teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat.
- Add the onions and peppers then cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pot (stirring will reduce the chances of getting the burn notice during pressure cooking).
- Pour in 1 cup of the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot to release the cooked pieces of beef and veggies that have stuck to the bottom. (This will prevent the burn notice from turning on while pressure cooking.)
- Add the rest of the broth, then sprinkle the macaroni into the sauce evenly. Be sure the pasta is completely submerged in the broth.
- Lock the lid, seal the valve, and set the pressure cook for 3 minutes (2 minutes for less cooked pasta). It will take 9-10 minutes for the IP to come to pressure.
- Once the 3 minutes are up, (carefully) manually release the pressure. This will take 3-4 minutes to release
- Add the cheese and gently mix into the pasta until well combined.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
I used a 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
Serving Size8 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 354Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 75mgSodium 889mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 3gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 29g
PS: Are you new to the Instant Pot? Be sure to check out my wealth of instant pot recipes like Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa, Low Carb Pork Carnitas, Instant Pot Wings, and amazing IP Chicken and Risotto!