Arugula Salad with Olive Oil, Lemon and Parmesan is a simple but classic Italian dish.
The arugula is a little peppery and is balanced perfectly with the freshly squeezed lemon juice. The cheese gives it a warm and salty flavor.
It is super-quick to throw together, and pairs well with almost anything. I especially like serving it with Osso Buco and Parmesan Polenta. This vibrant salad will lend both color and bright flavor to any table.
I can see it now…you and those you love…confetti cannons, noise makers, Osso Buco, Parmesan Polenta and this delicious Arugula Salad.
Happy New Year!!
Arugula Salad With Olive Oil, Lemon and Parmesan Cheese
A simple salad that is always delicious.
- 5-6 ounces arugula, washed, dried, (and torn if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, (about ½ a lemon)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a serving bowl, drizzle the arugula with ½ the oil, ½ the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Gently turn the arugula over once from the bottom of the bowl and add the rest of the oil, lemon, another tablespoon of the cheese and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently until well-mixed and taste for seasoning. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of cheese over the salad and serve.
Once the salad is dressed it does not save well. Guess you have to eat it all!! 🙂
Serving Size1 ounce
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 139mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 4g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
The lemon and cheese goes great with the bitterness of the arugula
Arugula is one of my favourite greens! This is a simple yet wonderful salad.
I agree Angie - thanks! I absolutely LOVE arugula!