The arugula is a little peppery and is balanced perfectly with the freshly squeezed lemon juice. The cheese gives it a warm and salty flavor.
It is super-quick to throw together, and pairs well with almost anything. I especially like serving it with Osso Buco and Parmesan Polenta. This vibrant salad will lend both color and bright flavor to any table.
Happy New Year!!!2⃣0⃣1⃣6⃣
- 5-6 ounces arugula, washed, dried, (and torn if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a serving bowl, drizzle the arugula with ½ the oil, ½ the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Gently turn the arugula over once from the bottom of the bowl and add the rest of the oil, lemon, another tablespoon of the cheese and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently until well-mixed and taste for seasoning. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of cheese over the salad and serve.
Once the salad is dressed it does not save well. Guess you have to eat it all!! 🙂
Looking for a salad with a little more protein? Try this Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad!