I give them a quick rinse and pat dry. Add olive oil to a large sauce pan and let it heat up. Then add in the beans and give them a really good douse of salt and pepper, and let them get all happy. After 4 minutes, turn them over and add more salt and pepper. After another 4-5 minutes I add in the minced garlic and let cook for about a minute. Then give them a good toss and add either some chicken stock or white wine and let them simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Then all that’s left is sliding them into a serving dish and you’ve got yourself a delectable veggie dish that any discriminating 5 year old (or 25 year old LOL) would eat. Thanks to my dear friend Gretchen all I can hear in my head when I think or say the word beans is “beans will make ya dance” so it just seems right to go out on this note: these Garlic Green Beans…will definitely make you dance!!!???
Fast & delicious every time! Crisp & full of flavor with garlic & white wine.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound French Beans (Haricots Verts), rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on high heat.
- Add green beans, turn the burner down to medium high heat. Cook the beans for 10 minutes, folding the beans on the bottom to the top once.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock or wine and turn the burner up to high heat for 2-3 more minutes (give the beans enough time to cook & absorb flavors, but make sure you remove them while the are still a bit crunchy).