These Garlic Green Beans have delicious flavor and are the perfect side dish for any meal! A healthy and hearty recipe everyone will love!
Garlic French Beans are always a fan favorite! Whenever I’m entertaining and don’t really know my guests’ preferences, Garlic Green Beans are my go-to veggie!
I feel like they are one of those vegetables that we all are familiar with and for the most part enjoy.
Although, personally when they’re overcooked I’m not really a fan. When it come to my veggies I like them to have delicious flavor and some nice texture as well.
No mushy baby food for me, thank you very much. I have teeth and I like to use them.😬
This is such a quick and easy recipe – I can’t wait to share all the details…
How to make Garlic French beans:
First off, I buy the French beans…the “Haricot Verts”. They’re basically a longer and skinnier version of a green bean. They are tender, so they require less cooking and they’re a really beautiful bright green color. (Of course you can use whatever fresh green beans you can find for this recipe. I have improvised many times and they are just a tasty.)
I give them a quick rinse and pat dry.
Add olive oil to a large sauce pan and let it heat up. Then add in the beans and give them a really good douse of salt and pepper, and let them get all happy.
I cook them for about 10 minutes in a skillet over medium heat, stirring them regularly so they don’t burn. Then I add in the minced garlic and let cook for about a minute.
Next, I give them a good toss and add either some chicken stock or white wine and let them simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, I season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Then I slide them into a serving dish and and we enjoy this delectable veggie side dish!
They’re so good! The perfect veggie to serve any discriminating 5 year old or 25 year old! Lol
Enjoy my friend!
Garlic Green Beans are fast & delicious every time! Crisp & full of flavor with garlic & white wine.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound French Beans (Haricots Verts), rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on high heat.
- Add green beans, turn the burner down to medium high heat. Cook the beans for 10 minutes, folding the beans on the bottom to the top once.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock or wine and turn the burner up to high heat for 2-3 more minutes (give the beans enough time to cook & absorb flavors, but make sure you remove them while the are still a bit crunchy).
Season will salt and pepper and enoy.