These Easy Garlic Green Beans have a delicious flavor and are the perfect side dish for any meal! This is a healthy and hearty green bean recipe everyone will love!
This post has been updated since it was originally posted in January of 2016.
Garlic French Beans are always a fan favorite! Whenever I’m entertaining and don’t really know my guests' preferences, Garlic Green Beans are my go-to veggie!
I feel like they are one of those vegetables that we all are familiar with and for the most part, enjoy.
Although, personally when they're overcooked I'm not really a fan. When it comes to my veggies I like them to have a delicious flavor and some nice texture as well.
No mushy baby food for me, thank you very much. I have teeth and I like to use them. Lol
This is such a quick and easy recipe - I can't wait to share the details...
How to cook green beans:
First off, I buy the French beans…the "Haricots Verts". They're basically a longer and skinnier version of a green bean.
Since they are thinner and more tender, they require less cooking and they keep their gorgeous bright green color.
(Of course, you can use whatever fresh green beans, or string beans, you can find for this recipe but the thicker they are the more time they will require to cook. I have improvised with whatever green beans I can find and they are always tasty.)
So, I start by giving them a quick rinse and patting them dry.
Next, I add olive oil to a large saucepan and heat it up over medium heat. Then I add in the beans and give them a really good douse of salt and pepper, and let them get all happy in the pan.
I cook them for about 10 minutes in a skillet, stirring them regularly so they don't burn. Then I add in the minced garlic and let that cook for about one more minute.
Next, I give them a good toss and add either some chicken stock or white wine.
Then let them simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, I season the green beans with more salt and pepper if needed.
I slide them into a serving dish and we enjoy this yummy veggie side dish!
These sauteed green beans are so good! They're the perfect veggie to serve any discriminating 5-year-old or 25-year-old! Lol
Enjoy my friend!
Other Delicious Veggie Side dishes:
- Keto Parmesan Broccoli
- Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Asiago Cheese Brussels Sprouts
- Best Mashed Cauliflower
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Loaded Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Roasted Ranch Broccoli
- Scalloped Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound French Beans (Haricots Verts), rinsed and dried
- ½ cup chicken broth or white wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on high heat.
- Add green beans, turn the burner down to medium high heat. Cook the beans for 10 minutes, folding the beans on the bottom to the top once.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock or wine and turn the burner up to high heat for 2-3 more minutes (give the beans enough time to cook & absorb flavors, but make sure you remove them while the are still a bit crunchy).
- Season will salt and pepper and enoy.
Serving Size2-3 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 1mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 2g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!