These Garlic Green Beans have delicious flavor and are the perfect side dish for any meal! A healthy and hearty recipe everyone will love!
Garlic French Beans are always a fan favorite! Whenever I’m entertaining and don’t really know my guests’ preferences, Garlic Green Beans are my go-to veggie!
I feel like they are one of those vegetables that we all are familiar with and for the most part enjoy.
Although, personally when they’re overcooked I’m not really a fan. When it come to my veggies I like them to have delicious flavor and some nice texture as well.
No mushy baby food for me, thank you very much. I have teeth and I like to use them.😬
This is such a quick and easy recipe – I can’t wait to share all the details…
How to make Garlic French beans:
First off, I buy the French beans…the “Haricot Verts”. They’re basically a longer and skinnier version of a green bean. They are tender, so they require less cooking and they’re a really beautiful bright green color. (Of course you can use whatever fresh green beans you can find for this recipe. I have improvised many times and they are just a tasty.)
I give them a quick rinse and pat dry.
Add olive oil to a large sauce pan and let it heat up. Then add in the beans and give them a really good douse of salt and pepper, and let them get all happy.
I cook them for about 10 minutes in a skillet over medium heat, stirring them regularly so they don’t burn. Then I add in the minced garlic and let cook for about a minute.
Next, I give them a good toss and add either some chicken stock or white wine and let them simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, I season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Then I slide them into a serving dish and and we enjoy this delectable veggie side dish!
They’re so good! The perfect veggie to serve any discriminating 5 year old or 25 year old! Lol
Enjoy my friend!
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound French Beans (Haricots Verts), rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on high heat.
- Add green beans, turn the burner down to medium high heat. Cook the beans for 10 minutes, folding the beans on the bottom to the top once.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock or wine and turn the burner up to high heat for 2-3 more minutes (give the beans enough time to cook & absorb flavors, but make sure you remove them while the are still a bit crunchy).
- Season will salt and pepper and enoy.
Serving Size2-3 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 1mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 2g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!