This Jalapeño Cilantro Corn Salad Recipe is a simple but truly satisfying summer side dish. With fresh corn off the cob, red onion, jalapeños and cilantro, this salad is the perfect make-ahead recipe everyone will love!
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup small-diced red onion (about ½ of a large onion)
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 4 Jalapeño peppers, finely diced & seeds removed
- 2-3 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (The amount of honey needed is directly related to the sweetness of the corn. Sweeter corn will require less honey.)
- In a large pot of boiling water (I add sugar to ensure sweetness), cook the corn for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close enough to the cob to remove the kernels but not so close that you remove the husk with it.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and then start adding the honey or agave nectar as desired. The sweetness should balance out the vinegar.
- Make a few hours a head so the flavors infuse together. Chill and serve cold or leave out and serve at room temperature.
|CLICK TO GO TO THE POST|
This corn salad pairs perfectly with BBQ pork! Check out these ideas:
BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders