This Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe is the perfect balance of savory & sweet!
Brussels Sprouts with balsamic vinegar, for a sweet caramelized glaze.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Gently cut off the very end of each Brussels Sprout, leaving most of it intact (this will keep the sprouts from falling apart while they are being cooked.)
- Next cut each one in half length-wise.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the cut Brussels Sprouts flat side down for about 4-5 minutes and let them brown. (Be sure to not overcrowd. If all the Brussels Sprouts don’t fit in the pan, sauté a second batch.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rotate the Brussels Sprouts onto their other side in the pan and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cook about 1-2 more minutes in the pan.
- Slide the Brussels Sprouts onto a serving dish and dig in!
The Brussels Sprouts should be a little crunchy. If they cook too long, they will be bitter.
You could sprinkle some crumbled bacon over them, or grated parmesan cheese.