This Roasted Parmesan Broccoli is a yummy, easy veggie side dish the whole family will love! Because sometimes you need a break from steamed broccoli!I’m not sure I mentioned this but we’re livin’ large in Seattle this week. B’s sister and her husband are in Israel leading a tour of the holy land for their church, and we were chosen to be the Personal Assistants to my fabulous niece for the week.
Score! Yayy for us!
It’s so beautiful here! So many pine trees, so many mountains… and so many Starbucks!☕
We made a trip down to Pike Place Market yesterday while the baby girl was in school (btw she’s 16). We took in a few sights, hit a few antique shops and, well, had a (1-day) belated celebration of National Margarita Day at El Borracho. I feel as though it is my duty & obligation to celebrate any and all food holidays – a food blogger’s gotta do what a food blogger’s gotta do.✌ Oh and of course there was the “original” Starbucks location… all in the name of food-related research.
It’s a small price to pay and I’m so good at it!!
Today I have one more to add to the tasty veggie recipe lineup: Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Cheese, Sliced Garlic and Lemon Zest! So delish and so perfect for this time of year.
How to make Roasted Parmesan Broccoli:
It’s a pretty straight-forward recipe…
- Cut the broccoli into one-inch thick steaks…
- … then season with salt, pepper, & chili pepper flakes and toss gently with some olive oil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, add thinly sliced garlic cloves, and then back into the hot box for 6 more minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle the broccoli with some grated Parmesan cheese – ’cause we can – and finish it off in the oven for about 2 more minutes.
- Dust it with some lemon zest, and indulge!
Super simple and always delicious!
If you’re looking for a yummy, easy veggie side dish your search is over… Roasted Broccoli With Garlic and Parmesan is where it’s at!
A great twist on broccoli - super easy and packed with flavor!
- 1 large head of Broccoli sliced into 1-inch thick steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Add sliced broccoli to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil, then toss gently.
- Roast for 10 minutes, add the sliced garlic to the pan, and return to the oven.
- Bake 6 more minutes, then sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, dust with lemon zest and enjoy!
Looking for more amazing broccoli recipes?